Department of Tourism
Raise the profile of Guyana as a tourism destination
To develop a robust tourism policy framework and define strategic directions that will support the development of sustainable tourism, expand destination linkages and improve the overall profile of destination Guyana.
To create a supportive national environment within which a sustainable tourism sector can thrive, create economic and other benefits and improve livelihoods in line with relevant Sustainable Development Goals.
Purpose of the Department
- To develop policies that support the growth and development of the tourism sector.
- To offer support to events that generate sustainable tourism activity that increase exposure of the destinations
- Regional Domestic Tourism Development – to establish and strengthen the capacity of Regional Tourism Committees in each administrative region to increase planning, marketing and management of tourism products.
- Organise and execute signature events that attract tourists regionally and internationally.
- Design, publish and share tourism materials and information with visitors